Posted by Ethne~
Going through a few 2011 posts the other day, I realized that Lori and I never did a 2012 post favorites summary like I did for 2011 here.
|Hey you, read my s**t.|
So I went through my favorite 2012 Ethne posts and here they are. In no particular order, it was pretty much all about laughter, which mostly included laughing at myself, frequently *inferred* cuss words, and generally involved time with the hubby and the kids. Lori and I didn’t post as much in 2012 as in 2011, but we have a new goal for 2013, so you should see more of us in these parts, get on back here; even better, become a follower and you’ll be the first to receive our posts. And seriously, who doesn’t want to know the next time I carve swear words into bananas? You, that’s who.
|Our bananas just went downhill from here.|
These are my favorites, in no particular order except at the end:
1. I loved me some good food. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes; Praline Cheesecake Bites; Vegetable Sushi Rolls; Reuben Sandwiches, Homemade Popsicles; Girls Trip ’12 Food; and the genius Pink Ombre Baby Shower Cake (with buttercream frosting) I made for Slags.
|'Joyce Tomatoes' are a Girls Trip food STAPLE - we gave them a twist this year.|
2. I loved even more when I made family favorite foods. Teresa’s mom’s recipe for Slushburgers and Pickles; and our family recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes.
|My requested birthday meal.|
3. I especially loved a few of the crafts and activities I did, mostly for the kids, but a few for me: Cork Necklace; Teensy Bead Angels; Summer Pinterest Challenge, Part 1; my DIY Bedroom Furniture Makeover; and the Teensy Acorn Owls I made for Slags’ Baby Shower.
|Teensy bead angel|
|Teensy acorn owl - see a theme of miniatures? We gave one of these to John and Sherry Petersik of YoungHouseLove|
4. I loved when I went to Michigan to visit family. I talked about my cousin’s wedding and the wedding cake my Aunt Pam made here and here.
|Traditional Cousin Picture - lined up by age, as we have done since childhood - now spouses added.|
5. There was some miscellaneous awesomeness such as when my sis Mel Organized My Bathroom; when I was Queen for a Day; when my sis Whit and I had a 4th of July Beauty Marathon; when the girls and I made Fairy Gardens; and our sneaky Christmas Elf on the Shelf, Lyle.
|Celebrity Make-up Artist, Kalina Fernandez, did MY make-up!!!!|
6. I loved when Grizz’s Baby L was born (Oct. 26) and Slags’ Baby N was born (Jan 3, 2013, but that’s close enough). [Baby N is doing FAB-U-LOUS by the way. And Baby L is super sassy.]
|I made that headband - adorable. Look at that pucker!|
|She is a mini of her momma|
|L is a mini of her daddy - with a little momma sprinkled here and there|
7. I super-duper especially loved when I was sassy and irreverent and wrote stuff like ‘Live Free or Twi-Hard’, ‘Glee & Anarchy’, ‘Ethne on Sharing a Bed’, ‘Ethne on Irreverent Laughter’, ’Pinterest Pin-ups ~ 50 Shades of Wet Dreams*’, ‘Blogs Bring Tears to my Eyes’, 'Lori's Coming to Town' and the ‘Top Ten Reasons to Vote’.
|Patricia Krentcil - pretty much the best source of laughter there is.|
|I have cast Cam Gigandet for the role of Christian Grey.|
8. I loved how the girls’ 5th Vampire Birthday Party turned out.
|I did not dress like this for the party. I did this to a photo and you would not believe how long it took to get my fangs just right.|
9. My post called ‘Please Help a Stranger and Hug Your Kids’ was quite meaningful and one of my very favorites. My dad said it brought a tear to his eye.
~and my top favorite post of 2012 is~
10. ‘Mur-Man Almost Sneezed All Over YoungHouseLove’ because Lori and I (and our friend and follower Roxanne M.) went to meet our very favorite blog authors, John & Sherry Petersik, at their book signing here in big city, MN, in November, and when we posed for a picture with them, Mur-Man sneezed out a giant booger and it almost landed on John P. Lori and I took a picture of it and laughed so hard as we wrote up that post that night. By far the best. Because we did it together.
|I am not even lying.|
Have a great weekend everyone!