Posted by Ethne~
Ok, this is the second of this 2-part re-style adventure. You remember the original:
|BEFORE: Pink Mother-of-the-Bride Fiasco|
And then the dye-job:
So now I have to make something wearable out of it. As I said in Part One, I knew what I was going to do with the pink strappies and buttons – what I meant was – get rid of them!
|Good-BYE dumb straps|
Naturally cutting out those redic shoulder pads was a must, and the next step.
|!Adios Estupido Shoulder Pads!|
I figured I’d be going shirt/jacket with this, so I began by seam-ripping up the center seam of the dress. It was serged so there were a lot of threads to take out, and I had to watch the girls like a hawk so they wouldn’t run off with them. But who did I really have to watch? Theodore! Stupid cat tried to eat some thread.
|Dramatic reenactment of Theodore eating pink thread|
|Idiot + Beloved = Theodore|
With the center ripped up, I folded down the neckline lapels and made myself some new seams of the center pieces. It took a few tries since my bobbin got messed up on the first try.
|Easy Mac displaying the seam-ripped center.|
KD is Little Red Riding Hood in the background.
|KD kept taking out the pins behind me - grrr!|
|2nd time's the charm|
Lastly, I needed to sew a new hem on the bottom of the jacket. I stood in front of a mirror and decided where on me I wanted the jacket to fall, and I pinned accordingly. I decided to sew the new bottom seam up 2 inches from the bottom so the stitching line would blend in a little better.
|2 inches up - no raw seams|
KD also helped by removing pins here
|AFTER: for now--I will post a picture when I wear it!|